Sunday, January 25, 2009

Meet Willy

This is my friend Willy Willy was given to me the day Kiernan was born. Back at the beginning of all my troubles during pregnancy i had asked for prayers from the ladies in my moms group. There was one person that hit close to my heart. All i knew was her name and email. We had started exchanging emails and she shared her story of what she had gone through in her pregnancies. We instantly became email buddies and I found myself anxious for the next one to come in. The first time we actually saw each other face to face was the day Kiernan was born. Her and her family came to visit me at the hospital. I was so touched that the whole family went out of there way to come see me. I finally had a face to go with who Wendy was, my friend i had been emailing for what seemed like forever. When you are only allowed to eat, sleep, play on the computer, and watch t.v. your days can go by really slow. She had this dog in her hand and gave him to me with a card. She told me that he was for me not the baby. The card explained that someone had given her a similar one while her little boy was in the NICU and that i should keep him with me everywhere i go until Kiernan comes home. The card was to explain what she couldn't since it is still an emotional thing for her to. I now understand how it is still emotional. I cant look at Kiernans pictures without tears. He gets his name from her little boy, he was the one that was in the hospital when she was given hers. Her sons name is William so i found it only fitting to name him Willy since William is the one that picked him out. I took willy with me everywhere. He slept on my bed with me every night until Kiernan came home. What a comfort he was. I had no idea how much he would become to mean to me. He still sleeps at my head on the bed every night, and some nights when i get a bit emotional i still hold him. It's a small reminder of how just one caring person that may not even really know you can impact your life just by paying it forward. Thank you to the person that did it for her, thank you Wendy for passing it on to me, and thank you God for giving me the chance recently to pay it forward to another mom standing in the shoes we both did at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment